Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Richard Wright, Pink Floyd Keyboardist, Dies

Today the sad news was announced that Richard Wright, the keyboard player of Pink Floyd has died. Richard was one of the founding members of the seminal psychedelic rock band. Their greatest commercial success was the album The Dark Side of the Moon, which made them practically a household name. My personal favorite is Meddle, or at least it was at the time, which tells something of where I come from.

Rest in peace, Richard.

2 comments:

  1. Saw this yesterday, very sad indeed.

    I think, however, that The Wall was their greatest commecial success. Dark Side had the longevity of staying on the charts forever, but they sold far more albums of The Wall than Dark Side, I believe. At least in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Earl. I'm sure you're right about the Wall. It came out about the time I got into Jazz and missed a lot of what was happening on the music scene. For me it'll always be that trippy music of the 60s and 70s when I think of Pink Floyd.

    ReplyDelete