Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Apologies to Fat White Man

In my life, I've learned that sometimes your opinion changes when you get to know someone.

What irritates me most about you, FWM, is that you sometimes tend to "grunt" (as one can grunt at a keyboard) a response. It would be nice to get more of an opinion than "you're wrong". If you haven't noticed, I prefer opinions that are backed up by facts.

Of course, being terse (well, not saying much) is something that I have been guilty of in the past. As my comment about my teacher being really thrilled when I wrote a long essay after loads of short ones. Then he commented that he knew it was too good to be true when I went back to the short essays.

I know you have it in you to make better comments.

But what brought this apology about is that I realise that you have a sense of humour. You cracked a joke (I'm assuming it was a joke) in a place where the comments were getting out of hand. I was just about to lay into the commenter, when I again saw the joke and thought better of it.

I know you've done it before as well.

Of course, that doesn't stop me from thinking about Mr. Creosote, but that could also have been a show of concern on my part. I know your health isn't all that good--in fact, you sound downright unhealthy to me dude. It is probably too late to say try and get healthy, but it doesn't stop me from worrying about your health.

No matter how I phrase it.

You might find we have a hell of a lot in common--although I could still find you annoying if you don't start backing up what you say.

5 comments:

  1. No need to apologize--it is the internet after all.

    Yes I do grunt. Sometimes because it is fun and other times because of time. I work and have three very young children all of which divides my time. Sometimes my only chance to post or reply is just a quick hotkey on the K-V-M switch to bounce between computers while I have a large report or process running and then a quick jump back. In the end what I do here or on my blog-which is somewhat neglected as of late-is for my entertainment anyway.

    "I could still find you annoying if you don't start backing up what you say."

    You must detest Jade Gold then.

    ..back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JadeGold--we have a lot in common, but I have heard and felt he is far more abrasive than I can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should also add that part of the reason I make sure I back up what I say with facts is for you, FWM.

    Even though I might get a grunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FWM is one om my favorite grunters.

    ReplyDelete