Monday, August 22, 2011

Industrial Revelations: Birmingham Arms Trade

Something fun for you--this video from Industrial Revelations starring Mark Williams (most Americans Know him as Arthur Weasley from the Harry Potter Films). The Show ran on the British Discovery Channel. Birmingham was the ideal site for gunsmiths with its raw materials and skilled metal workers.

Unfortunately, no embed code is available,so, you'll have to follow this link:

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discovery/34273-industrial-revelations-birmingham-arms-trade-video.htm

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I have a Lee-Enfield Mo.1 Mk III* made in Birmingham in 1918. It is one of my favorite rifles and I have had it for over 20 years.

    The .303 British Cartridge may be my favorite cartridge as well and I own several guns chambered for it.

    I haven't counted but I am sure I own more guns made for the military by Great Britain, Germany, Belgium, and Sweden than I do American made rifles.

    There is something romantic about guns made from abt. 1890 - WWII, especially those from the British Empire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should visit Liege, Belgium. The firearm museum is particularly worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete