Monday, January 2, 2012

Jammin'

I came across this over the past weekend on Turner Classic Movies; it was something I watched over New Years, and enjoyed very much.  Because I enjoyed it so much, and because I think preserving parts of our culture like this in the Library of Congress is important and valuable to us now and to future generations - in other words, it is the kind of thing we should be funding as an investment for both the present and the future, I share it here -- even though it has nothing whatsoever to do with guns.  I'm still tickled that this was selected for preservation - along with a movie about zombies (which immediately followed this on TCM).

Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. Jammin the Blues on the "Sunny Side of the Street" doesn't make much sense.
    Nothing wrong with the music, but none of the players involved in that piece are known as 'blues' musicians, they are 'bebop' and jazz players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, beautiful music, a valuable contribution to human culture.

    ReplyDelete