Friday, April 19, 2013

Executive Actions Are Imminent

 From the Trenches World Report

Vice President Biden told White House allies in the gun control fight Thursday that President Obama will be announcing new executive actions on gun violence in the days after the Senate voted down a gun violence bill.

On a conference call with “stakeholders,” Biden told gun control advocates that the fight is not over and that eventual action on gun control will come. Press were not invited to the conference call; a participant provided BuzzFeed with access.  


“Look, I know you’re going to say that I’m just being an optimist and I’m trying to put a good face on this. But, you know, I’ve been around here a long time and we’ve already done, because of you, some really good things,” Biden said. “Number one, the president is already lining up some additional executive actions he’s going to be taking later this week.”

What do you think?  I don't believe everything I read over on the "Trenches" site, but this sounds interesting.

Please leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of King Charles I. Let's hope that reigning in this would-be absolute monarch doesn't require too much disruption in our system of government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ignominious demise at Tyburn awaits the rouge who utter such treason.

      As I have stated previously however, your State provides for a rather interesting, and antiquated method of conveying the will of the courts upon the unfortunate felon. The roasting of rouge ought to be a joyous, spectacle, which serves the public good of being historically informative.

      Delete
  2. So I guess that "they deserve a vote" stuff was for show, because if the vote doesn’t go his way he will ram his will on the people. Apparently we didn’t deserve a vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the president keeps the above mentioned orders within the limits of what he can legally do. More drawn out court battles won't accomplish anything.

    ReplyDelete