Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tremendous Sales of the iPhone 6 Result in Less Crime in 2014

Here's the Ammoland.com explanation:

As previously reported, private gun sales skyrocketed during 2013 with 21,093,273 background checks.

And now the FBI reports that during the first six months of 2014–the first six months that all these new guns were in the hands of Americans–“offenses” in the categories of violent crimes and property crimes decreased.

In other words, More guns correlated with less crime in the first half of 2014.

According to the FBI, “murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape…aggravated assault, and robbery” all showed decreases when the first six months of 2014 were juxtaposed with the first six months of 2013. Murder fell by “6 percent,” rape by “10.1 percent,” aggravated assault dropped “1.6 percent,” and robbery fell by “10.3 percent.”

Offenses of property crime–“burglary, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft”–all decreased during the first six months of 2014 as well, when contrasted with the first six months of 2013. Burglary fell “14 percent,” larceny-theft fell “5.6 percent,” and motor vehicle thefts fell “5.7 percent.”

9 comments:

  1. Funny how selective you are about application of the fact that "correlation does not equal causation."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, I thought you were the one who uses capricious and convenient applications of rules like this.

      Delete
    2. Funny, I thought you were the one who uses capricious and convenient applications of rules like this.

      I'm not the one who points to a list claiming that eight of the ten most violent states have relatively relaxed gun laws and high gun ownership as a slam dunk argument against the efficacy of guns as tools of personal security, while simply dismissing the fact that the same people compiled a list of the ten least violent states, of which nine were also "high gun" (your term) states.

      Delete
  2. What caliber is the I-Phone 6? Sounds like an interesting, well, something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you order that evil Magpul case for it....

      Delete
    2. Does it come with a forward grip? That would too cool!

      Delete
  3. And the same logic could be used in an assertion I've heard around here that the drop in violent crime is the result of a decline in gun ownership percentages in households.
    I'm really cool with the concept of me having the right to determine the manner in which I manage the personal security of myself and my family. I also get to choose what I activities I partake in. If these activities happen to involve shooting for fun or competition, so be it. And of course, if I decide to harvest game as permitted by local law, that is also my decision.
    To borrow from another rights movement, my guns, my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Except the iPhone 6 wasn't released until the middle of September 2014, so how are you correlating its sales with a drop in crime the first 6 months of the year? Man, even when you're being tongue and cheek, you still bomb anything statistics related. ;)

    ReplyDelete