Saturday, May 23, 2015

Michigan 12-Year-old Accidentally Kills Sleeping Woman

Local news

A shotgun involved in the accidental shooting death of a woman while she slept Friday morning had been locked in a gun safe, said the grandfather of the 12-year-old boy who allegedly fired the shot.

The boy, who investigators said is "mentally impaired," came across the keys in the pocket of some clothing, his grandfather, Daniel Hummel, said.

"He got up before anybody this morning at 5:30 a.m.," said Hummel. "He said he was in my pocket trying to get change and he found the gun safe key."

"It's always locked up, and I always have the key on me, and so, nobody gets in it but me, he didn't even know I had it in my pocket," Hummel added.

Hummel said the boy then unlocked the safe, removed and loaded a shotgun, but knowing what he was doing was wrong, tried "to take the shell out of the gun."

"It was an unfortunate accident," he added. "The guns were locked up, you can't' do much more than lock them up."

No comments:

Post a Comment